Let's face it. There are dozens of way for the average consumer to connect with media. Streaming services, on-demand watching, etc. With the exception of a few live events (like watching NFL and college football) there really isn't a *need* for us to keep paying for satellite. We have so many other activities we enjoy that don't involve the television at all. I love reading, my husband is a PC gamer, we go out on walks with our dog, and sometimes we just enjoying talking about our day.
We've been tossing around the idea for months. We considered the pros and cons and we finally reached the decision that it was time to cut the cord. We needed to quit wasting money on something that was of no benefit to us. So its done.
![]() |
| Note: Please do not actually do this as depicted. I'm not certain you wouldn't be electrocuted. |
We've been without satellite television for a few days now and I have to say, its both amazingly easy and shockingly difficult to do without it. Once it was gone, I realized what a huge crutch its been during our evenings. The absence of the constant stream of content and advertisements is striking. Its hard to get used to but the quiet is also nice in a lot of ways.
I'm looking forward to getting a lot more things done without the distraction of television. I've got a To Be Read pile of books that is growing ever taller.

No comments:
Post a Comment